- Check credentials. Before selecting a contractor to install your new heating and air conditioning system, check the Better Business Bureau and Angie's List to make sure the dealer is reputable. Also, find out if the dealer is a member of a local or national association such as the Air Conditioning Contractors Association of America.
- Make sure the dealer is affiliated with a nationally known heating & air conditioning manufacturer. Dealers should be taking advantage of factory training offered by their manufacturer. As a result, when they make recommendations, you can be more assured that they've selected the right size system for your home, and that they've been trained in installation and service.
- Ask for references. Former customers are an excellent source of information. Also, ask to see installation photos. A dealer that is proud of their work will be more than happy to show you.
- Expect an on-site evaluation of the existing heating and cooling system in your home. A good dealer will take a thorough look at your home, ask questions and evaluate your overall comfort needs before making a recommendation. Beware of a dealer that simply takes information over the phone. A good dealer will also look the part. While he's evaluating your home, you should be evaluating him. Not only should he dress professionally, but his truck and printed materials should look professional as well.
- Check local licenses. Depending on where you live, dealers may have to comply with certain local or state regulations, so ask to see proof of these licenses as well as insurance forms for liability and workmen's compensation.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions. Ask for details about the firms experience with the installation of gas furnace, heat pump, ductless heat pump, or hybrid systems and the expertise of its staff. This is particularly important if you're also adding or changing ductwork, in this case, experience is definitely a factor in getting the job done correctly.
- Get a written proposal. To make a fair comparison, make sure the proposals you receive are all based on the same efficiency and equipment. You'll also want to evaluate each dealer's personal business standards and policies. For example, will he remove old equipment? Will he relocate equipment if you want your new system installed in a different location? What are his clean up and care policies during installation? How will he handle emergency repair? These are just a few of the additional elements a good proposal will include.
- Inquire about equipment and labor warranties. Limited warranties vary according to the manufacturer, so make sure you fully understand what protection you're getting for your new central air system. Also, don't forget to inquire about manufacturer's extended warranties at the time of purchase and other warranties provided by the dealer.
- Ask about preventive maintenance agreements. Many dealers offer preventative maintenance agreements that call for periodic maintenance of equipment, and if needed repairs. The investment is usually well worth it in terms of obtaining optimum efficiency and performance for your HVAC system.
- Finally insist on a written contract. Commit your agreement to writing and have the dealer sign it.
This company has the nicest, most prompt, service staff ever!!! Thanks so much!
Excellent work with scheduling and job completion at a reasonable price. Very prompt.
Just had a new furnace and AC installed. Cliff was on time and very personable. The job came out great and I would definitely recommend.
I was pleased with the good service and help from our technician. He even arranged a followup visit with sales staff.
Installation of new air condition was a job well done. Installers were efficient as well as informative and friendly.
your technician was very friendly and extremely helpful. He installed a thermostat that I have been wanting for a long time.
Polite, careful installation of a ductless heat pump. Job well done. Thank you.
service has always been prompt and courteous.
on time, professional, clean, explained things in detail., also DIY tasks. excellent service.
Service Technician was great. On time as promised. Work completed in a better than satifactory performance.